About Me

My photo
Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
My name is Billie, I am a 43 year old mother of two. I have been mostly losing the battle of the bulge for the past 20+ years, now I'm ready to lose it for good. Come along on my journey to beat the battle.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phil 4:13

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Do I Really Look Like That?

I watched the Biggest Loser last night, and I'm looking at them at the weigh in and some of them weigh what I weigh, and I'm saying to myself I don't look like that...but then who actually thinks they look as fat and flabby as they really do. And the sports bras and bicycle shorts...I wouldn't be caught outside my house, let alone on national tv, in my shape. AND...I don't think I would kill myself working out like they do, I mean really push, push, push then pass out??? I guess that's why I won't lose that big 8 or 16 pounds in a week. My daughter actually wanted us to try out for that show at one time, and I considered it for about...until I actually watched the show, and then no way am I going to punish myself like that.

So I say to myself...Is that really what I look like? and self says YES, yes you do look like that, and you need to do something about it. My self is always brutally honest...lol

Yesterday I worked out before work - 1 mile on the treadmill and 30 crunches. I'm pressed for time on my way to work, which is the reason I only do one mile.
Then I stopped again on my way home - only 2 miles on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the elliptical.

Today I did not work out - I took the day off from working out, but I'll be back at it in the morning.

My calorie count yesterday was good. I'm trying to work more into my menu, so I can at least get the 1500 calories for consistency. However, the past two mornings I have had a FiberOne blueberry muffin, which are very delicious. Now, I usually need a little more fiber, and usually fiber in foods don't work, but dang, those muffins worked and by the 1 hour ride home, I was regretting the fiber from today. Had to stop half way home, and thought I would not make it, but thankfully did.

Now I'm off to bed, tired today.

Quote of the day - and this is hit right at home, because of my little talk with self last night.

Don't undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.




1 comment:

  1. You're doing great Billie...I really admire that you get to the gym BEFORE work...that's really awesome...and again after work is really fantastic. I love that determination, and I'm looking forward to jogging a 5k with you next year...so, so cool to have someone in this with me that lives so close by and is becoming such an important part of my life!! :)

    ReplyDelete