About Me

My photo
Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
My name is Billie, I am a 43 year old mother of two. I have been mostly losing the battle of the bulge for the past 20+ years, now I'm ready to lose it for good. Come along on my journey to beat the battle.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phil 4:13

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Battle of the Bulge - Week 7

Yeah for me....Lost 3.1 pounds this week, so that puts me at 206.4. Can't wait to get down into the ones. I have decided my reward for getting to the ones is I'm getting my hair done. It's been almost 6 months since I have had my hair done, and it needs to be done BAD. I have a problem with things that I need to have done, I never have the money and the time at the same time. Now if the kids need something, that's another story, they make you make time for their priorities. So no matter what that is my goal (hopefully in the next 2 weeks - only 6.4 pounds to go).

This is the second week of my colon cleanse. And for Sheilagh, it's not painful. It's not a colonic where they force some kinda water substance into your rectum and everything comes out. They did one of those on Tyra the week I was at home. It is a fiber powder that I mix with apple juice, and it cleans you out. And I must say it really works. Now, I'm not one that examines my bodily excretions, but just had to peek to see if it was really working. And yep, everything is coming out.

Had some great workouts this week with Tammy, doing cardio and strength training also. Just got back from one of those. I haven't been able to walk my mile in the morning this past week because I've been running late and having to go by and let my future inlaws dogs out. But dad is out of the hospital now and I'll be getting back to my routine and walk on my way to work. I feel so much more energized when I workout in the mornings, and then when I workout at night I sleep like a log. Tammy didn't workout with my on Thursday or Friday night, and I just don't push myself as much when she's not there.

I did start the Couch to 5k program last night while at the gym, but I could only run 4 of the 9 runs. I did it again today, and also did 4 of the 9 runs. So I've done Week 1 - Day 1 two days in a row. I will work up to all 9 runs, gotta start slow. After all I've only been exercising for 5 weeks. Prior to that my only exercise was raising my fork to mouth and now I'm doing 2 to 3 miles a day at least 5 days a week.

I haven't really been counting my calories these past two weeks, but have been doing pretty good. I know what I'm supposed to eat and if I just eat what I know I'm supposed eat I would be great. I don't have any particular cravings, so if I stick with what I know I do pretty well. But I do need to get back to the calorie counting so I know exactly how many calories I'm taking in versus what I'm burning.

The plan for the day is to clean out the closet, shrimp/spinach quesadillas for lunch, church and chicken something for dinner.

Quote for the Day - A goal without a plan is just a wish.

Now take on the day....(heard that somewhere, but don't know where)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 3+ pounds. That's really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome loss girl!! I've really been enjoying working out with you...it really makes a difference to have a workout partner. You know, people have been telling me to be prepared to gain some weight now that I'm doing the weight machines, but after I see your 3+ lb loss, I'm starting to think that might be a crock of sh*t, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete