About Me

My photo
Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
My name is Billie, I am a 43 year old mother of two. I have been mostly losing the battle of the bulge for the past 20+ years, now I'm ready to lose it for good. Come along on my journey to beat the battle.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phil 4:13

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 2 - New Me

Day 2 didn't go too bad.

Last Wednesday my son turned 18. He had waited to get his drivers' license til he turned 18 because he didn't want to take the online drivers' education course I had gotten for him. He wanted to go to the drivers' education place and take the course and it was $500 and I wasn't paying that. So today I took him to get his drivers' license. He passed. He did really well for not really practicing, but of course he's had his learners permit for 4 years. We did the test in the morning, then I checked out a new gym at my husband's work, and then he brought me to work. It was the first day he has driven by himself...my baby. He said he was looking for a job, he did have one interview, then he had to pick up his girlfriend and then came back to pick me up. He and the girlfriend then went out and he was home by 10. I know that's an early curfew for an 18 year old, but I have to get up early for work so I told him to be home by 10. All actually went well.

It was also my father-in-law's birthday, so of course I had to have birthday cake and ice cream with him. He turned 65, you only do that once in life and he was so excited that Shane and I were there with him.

SO, before the cake and ice cream I was at 1475 for my calories for the day. I didn't even add the cake and ice cream because I know it would be way over my calorie budget for the day. But all in all it was a good day food wise.

I still have not got to the exercise portion on this new journey of mine. But I plan to start on Monday.

I was talking to Tammy (@ From Fat to Fab) about a half marathon she and a few other bloggers are going to be doing in November 2011 in Savannah. I am so going to do this. Not only will it be a vacation to Savannah, it will be a great goal to strive for. A half marathon...13 miles. That does seem like a long way when you are used to not doing anything. The farthest I have ever walked before (on the treadmill) was 4 miles. So I'm going to start on Monday to do work up to this. I was reading Pam's (@ the rest of the journey) blog from yesterday where she is talking about this half marathon, and I really like her 13 week plan. She is going to do interval walking training for the first six weeks to work up to the jogging/running for the half marathon. I think this is great. So starting Monday, I am going to start on the Plan. I will of course make my own modifications to the Plan, because I don't bike, I'll probably do elliptical and I will probably work out on different days. But I will definitely walk and do elliptical at least 5 days a week.

I am so excited that I have this goal to strive for. When there is a goal to strive for it is always easier to push yourself that extra mile.

For now I am headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment