About Me

My photo
Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
My name is Billie, I am a 43 year old mother of two. I have been mostly losing the battle of the bulge for the past 20+ years, now I'm ready to lose it for good. Come along on my journey to beat the battle.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phil 4:13

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Getting close to 4 months & An Award

Thank you to Kelsey @ The Sweet Tooth Obliteration Operation for this lovely award she bestowed upon me. I was very excited to get a blogger award, as sometimes my blog gets left behind with my busy schedule.
Now 7 things most people don't know about me....
1. I hate winter. I wouldn't live anywhere in the north because of the extreme cold. I love to see snow, I think it's beautiful, just wouldn't want to live in it.
2. I have lived in Georgia all of my life, with the exception of 1 year. I lived in Tennessee that year and it was winter (and refer to #1).
3. I love the beach. the feel of sand between my toes and the sun on my face.
4. I am a Christian. I love God above all and thank him everyday for all of my blessings he has given. I go to church on Saturday, but am not Seventh Day Adventist.
5. I love beautiful sunrises (especially when I'm at the beach). And thank God for each one.
6. I cannot swim. Never have and probably never will. But I love the water.
7. I don't have a lot of close friends, but many acquaintances.
Now on to other things. Tomorrow will be 4 months that I have been on this journey. I guess 25 pounds in four months isn't too bad, but I would like it to be better. I am hitting the gym hard and watching exactly what I eat from now on. I want to be down at least 25 more pounds by April. I have a big convention coming up, that everyone in our industry goes to, and I only see most of these people once a year. I just think it would be great to be down 50 pounds by the time I see all these people again. I will also update my measurements tomorrow, hopefully it will be good.
Yesterday was a great day food wise and exercise wise. I did the elliptical for 25 minutes on my way to work, then met my daughter at her gym and did the elliptical for 30 minutes after work. The last minute I did it at 9-10. Awesome rush, but talk about out of breath.
Food wise I was spot on at 1700 calories. A little high on the fat and sodium side, but other than that I did great.
NUTRIENT GOAL 1/19/10
Calories 1600-17000 1700
Fat 32-56 64
Carbs 163-236 181
Protein 60-127 102
Sodium 500-2300 2599
So all in all a good day.
Today was probably not as good a day, but I'll figure that out after dinner. No work out today either. I overslept this morning, and was on a project at lunch time so I couldn't leave the office, so no work out. Tonight I have to work late, still on the project (which I really better get back to) so I won't be working out tonight. I guess I need one day off this week. Back at it in the morning though.
So for now...When you judge another, you do not define that person, you define YOURSELF. So the moral to that is, don't judge others, we're all in this together.

2 comments:

  1. I despise winter!! It's awful. I'm in North Florida and was ready to move to Miami when it was so cold a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH I know that out of breath on the elliptical feeling... I always run into friends at the gym who come to talk to me when I am really pushing it and I can barely get a word out!

    ReplyDelete