About Me

My photo
Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
My name is Billie, I am a 43 year old mother of two. I have been mostly losing the battle of the bulge for the past 20+ years, now I'm ready to lose it for good. Come along on my journey to beat the battle.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phil 4:13

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Temptation


The First Temptation

"And [the serpent] said to the woman, 'Indeed, has God said, 'You shall not eat from any tree of the garden?'" - Genesis 3:1

Let's talk about temptation. Go back to the big one, the first one - the Devil tempting Eve in the Garden of Eden. Have you ever read the passage in Genesis 3? Note what he does.

1. He raises questions about the trustworthiness of God's Word.

2. The seeds of doubt are planted in Eve's mind.

3. When Eve says she's not to eat of the fruit or she'll die, the Devil replies cunningly, "You surely shall not die."

The ultimate liar accuses God of lying. He makes his word seem true and God's Word seem unbelievable.

Think about temptation in your own life. It usually means believing your way is better than God's way. For Eve and for all of us, when we begin to doubt the Bible is reliable for living life the best way, we begin to give into temptation--we buy into the lies and half-truths of the world.

For Eve and for all of us, it leads to spiritual death. Decide to believe God's Word--it is the best way. Ask God to give you strength to live it and resist temptation

2 comments:

  1. First of all - congratulations on dropping below 200. BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT. I can't wait to follow your blog. I"m joining! "You had me at the first post!"

    Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.


    Gastric Banding

    ReplyDelete